On Monday I saw that Stephanie had tagged me in a fun little post called Love and Hate… as in ten things you love and ten things you hate. I love these kind of posts, so obviously I was going to join in. I just can’t resist.
Things I Love…
- My family. I think that’s pretty self-explanatory, huh? They’re the reason for everything I do, and I wouldn’t be complete without them. I’m so thankful for them every day – two of the best parts of my day are the “Hi, Mommy!” I get from Abbie when I pick her up from daycare, and the running hug she gives Chris when we all get home. Nothing better.
- Blacksburg. I think it’s obvious I have a deep love of all things Blacksburg and Virginia Tech. What, you don’t buy a maroon car to match your alma mater?
- Alpha Gamma Delta. I am so thankful that Alpha Gam came into my life in college – it’s how I found some of my best friendships and truly shaped me in a way I can’t explain. Some of my most cherished experiences come from being an Alpha Gam. It’s amazing how seeing those three letters anywhere gives you an instant smile and bond with a stranger.
- A made bed. Chris thinks I’m ridiculous… but I like making the bed in the morning only because I prefer to get into a made bed at night. It just feels better. I can’t explain it, but if you love it too, you get it.
- Coffee. I’m a mom to a toddler. Of COURSE I love coffee.
- Young Living Essential Oils. I’m obsessed and I know it. I put oils in everything now, use Young Living products in my daily life, and am constantly thinking of what I’m going to try next and sharing that. It’s truly amazing to see all the uses for them, and I’m vowing to do a better job of sharing what I use them for in my everyday life. I promise you, your life will be better with them!
- Lady Antebellum. They are the only band I’ve seen in concert more than once. The only band I’ve ever considered buying front row tickets to. The band that wrote the song we would’ve used as our first dance song if it came out just a few months earlier. I want to be friends with them and freaked out when I touched their hands at a concert. Crazy? Maybe, but I’m fine with it.
- Breakfast. There is no meal I love more than breakfast, except maybe brunch. All my favorite foods are breakfast foods. It’s so easy to eat a healthy meal with breakfast, and there are SO many possibilities. My current favorite is a copy of a restaurant meal I eat all the time – an omelet with cheese and bacon, topped with fresh avocado. I could eat it for every single meal. Don’t even get me started on French toast – it’s like dessert for breakfast. How could you NOT love that?
- Avocados. They’re delicious, and if you don’t like them, you’re a crazy person. I suppose that makes my husband crazy but also means more for me.
- Blogging. I never imagined when I started writing here years ago that this would become what it has to me. I love this community, I love writing, and I love reading other blogs.
Things I Hate…
- Bad Drivers. I spend about 2 hours in the car every weekday… in one of the worst cities in the country for commuting. People are crazy here. Slow drivers, people that don’t use turn signals, people that make absolutely no sense while driving… ugh. They are the main stressor in my everyday life.
- Heat and Humidity. I HATE being hot. I don’t think there’s really anything worse for me. It drives Chris crazy because I can’t sleep if it’s above a certain temperature, so I have blackout shades and vent boosters upstairs in our house. I swear it helps, but he thinks I’m nuts.
- Sitting Still. The older I get, the more I get like my grandmother – she was a person that could never sit still for too long, and I’m getting more and more like that. You know how people can just watch Netflix for hours on end? Nope, not me, unless I’m sick or something. I get antsy even sitting for longer than 30 minutes!
- Unread iPhone notifications. That little red notification drives me insane.
- Cleaning floors. I can’t stand it, but I want my floors to be clean. On the other hand, I don’t mind vacuuming. Hence why we bought a house with lots of carpet.
- People that don’t read emails. Especially when I’m at work and someone asks me something… that was in a previously sent email. We don’t send emails just for fun, people!
- People who don’t listen. Similar to above. Just annoying.
- Autopay that doesn’t let you pick the date. Okay, I know this is a dumb thing to hate, but I’m not signing up for your autopay if you won’t let me pick the day. If it’s before the due date, I should be able to pick. I have one bill that I refuse to sign up for it on… because I want to pick the date and the system won’t let me. So annoying.
- Student Loans. I think most people hate them. If someone could be my fairy godmother and just pay them off for me, that would be great.
- How clumsy I am. I am the clumsiest person I know. I fall up stairs. I fall down just standing. I walk into door frames. If I could have a little bit of coordination…that’d be great.
I’m supposed to tag a bunch of people now, but a lot of people I would have tagged have done this or been tagged already… so I’m throwing it out there – let me know if you do this because I’d love to see yours!
What do you love and hate?
Filed Under: About Me