Weekend Quick Takes {4.13.15}

I LOVE  spring weekends. There’s just something about them that makes you want to get moving and get outside. We kept it simple this weekend with lots of errands and outside time… oh, and pinkeye. Yep, you read that right. Abbie’s eye had been a little red and we were just keeping an eye on it, but when she woke up on Saturday, it was pretty bad. Thank goodness for Patient First. They gave us some antibiotic ointment and her eye is already 90% better!

Of course, she still wanted to wear her sunnies in the tub.

Sunnies in the tub

And let her bear drive the car. Apparently Chris does this sometimes on his drive to daycare with Abbie, but I never knew that… and of course I found it hysterical. I’m easily amused.

Bear Driving

Sunday was filled with morning pancakes and more playtime. I also snuck upstairs and FINALLY finished putting Abbie’s room together. You know, only 7 months after moving in. It happens. I’ll have a full post once I take more photos, but here’s a sneak peek at her gallery wall.

Nursery Gallery Wall

I made a big pot of meatballs and marinara for dinner. I used to just use jarred sauce, but homemade sauce tastes so much better and is easier than you’d think. Anyone else make their own sauce or curious how I make mine? (Yes, there’s wine in mine.)

Marinara Sauce

We ended the day with lots of outside time in the gorgeous weather, and wishing we had another weekend day.

Abbie Outside

How was your weekend?

Oh, and if you signed up for the Girl Mom Box Swap, I should have all the info to you this evening!

Jess

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

10 Comments

1. April 13, 2015 / 2:56 pm

Hi, My name is Maydelin and I kind of new reading your blog!! Abbie is such a cute baby, I just want to tell you that but I bet that you alredy know that haha!!

I’m From Venezuela and here about 80% of the people make their own sauce, I had tasted the cans kind and I rather have the homemades!!
    Maydelin recently posted…Paint and Baby= FunMy Profile

• Jess
      April 15, 2015 / 10:12 pm

Well welcome – I’m excited to have you reading! We think Abbie’s pretty cute too… but we’re obviously biased. And yes, homemade sauce is SO much better. I still occasionally used jarred and nearly always wish I didn’t.

• Jess
      April 15, 2015 / 10:13 pm

Awesome – noted!

2. April 14, 2015 / 5:48 am

Sounds like a great weekend! I totally agree homemade sause is yummier – but I currently find it takes too long. But maybe that’s because I don’t love cooking lol! I’m hoping to someday made a big batch and freeze or can the sause so we have some on hand. Anything I can prepare in bulk and freeze/store is a win in my book! Anyway I love abbie with her sunglasses in the tub – so cute! Yay for spring!
    Jenny recently posted…Day in the Life: SpringMy Profile

• Jess
      April 15, 2015 / 10:14 pm

Really? I don’t feel like it’s a lot of hands-on time, but I am someone that loves cooking, so there’s that. Every time I make it there’s always a ton leftover, so I end up with at least 2 bags in the freezer that I repurpose.

3. April 14, 2015 / 7:12 am

The pic of her wearing sunglasses in the tub is adorable! Don’t you wish all weekends were 3 days?? I know I do most weeks!
    Sandy recently posted…Weigh In MondayMy Profile

• Jess
      April 15, 2015 / 10:15 pm

Yes! One day, we will ALL have 3 day weekends.

• Jess
      April 15, 2015 / 10:19 pm

Thanks! And yes, I was cracking up in the car!