Where I’m At {A Weight Loss Update}

It’s been a while since I talked about my weight loss journey around here. Honestly, it’s because I’ve been stuck. And being stuck is not exactly fun to write about.

If you’re new around here, you may want to catch up on when I’ve previously written about my weight (here). Basically, the short story is that I’ve battled my weight all my life. Thanks to Weight Watchers, I lost it all in college, but then my life happened. I graduated. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (which makes me hold on to weight like crazy). I got married and had Abbie, and since then I’ve been working to get the weight off.

Weight Loss Update

I have a goal to get down to 145. When I went to the hospital to have Abbie, I was 247 (yikes). So where am I right now? 190.4. I’ve been stuck here for MONTHS. I briefly got out of the 190s a while back only to find myself right back in them. This is my pattern. I battle a “decade” of weight for months at a time. The only bright side of that is that once I finally beat it, I make it to the next decade pretty quickly before starting to battle the next one.

My WW Tracker

See? It’s been months.

After all this time, you would think I would know what works and be able to just do it. It should be a habit by now, right? But the thing is, that not how life works. I slip up. I eat too much ice cream and cookies (sweets are my weakness). Sometimes, I skip a week of workouts (like last week). I choose soda over water and sometimes barely get all my steps in on my Fitbit. Basically, I live my life – but that doesn’t mean I stop trying. Every meal is a chance to improve.

So here’s to keeping it up. To eating yogurt instead of ice cream. To going for a walk instead of driving. To finally beating the 190s for good. One choice, one day at a time.

Do you struggle with weight loss too? I’d love to hear how you manage it!

Jess

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

24 Comments

1. June 3, 2015 / 10:05 am

Good for you girl! The yogurt/ice cream swap is so hard…but I’m sure worth it šŸ™‚
    Brittany recently posted…The Creative Closet / FringeMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:05 pm

I’m trying!

2. June 3, 2015 / 11:09 am

It’s okay girl, we all get stuck sometimes! It’s the baby steps that will get you there! There are many yogurts that taste better or just as good as ice cream!

June 12, 2015 / 12:06 pm

Haha, maybe… but I haven’t found one yet!

3. June 3, 2015 / 11:17 am

Have you heard of the “Wendie Plan” with WW? Well, I don’t think it’s technically sanctioned by them, but a few girls who I follow on Instagram have done it before when they hit a plateau, and it helps them get out of it!
    jessica lynn recently posted…The Vintage Honey Shop Review + GiveawayMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:09 pm

There was a lot of talk about it the first time I did WW, before they moved to Points Plus… I didn’t realize it was still around!

4. June 3, 2015 / 11:43 am

I am totally with you. I put on some weight over the Winter that I am trying to lose but I hate working out and I just want to eat delicious things. #thestruggleisreal
    Pamela @ A Little Glitter recently posted…How I Became A Crazy Cat LadyMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:14 pm

Ugh. Why can’t the most delicious things be good for you?!?

5. June 3, 2015 / 11:48 am

You can do it!!! It IS crazy to think that no matter how many times you make yourself do something, a lot of healthy things just never feel like a habit. Getting a FitBit has definitely helped me move a lot more and just makes me more away of when I’m sitting for too long, but ice cream will always be a temptation for me!

June 12, 2015 / 12:27 pm

I know! some things stick and others… well, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to cut out ice cream!

6. June 3, 2015 / 8:54 pm

So totally understand this! I have been stuck for several months now too and it’s so frustrating!
    Julia @ Grace Makes New recently posted…ConfessionsMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:27 pm

So, so frustrating. One day…

7. June 3, 2015 / 8:55 pm

You’ve already come such a long way. It’s so hard to get the weight off after babies, especially with life happening at the same time. I’m right there with you on sweets, I try day in and out to cut them but always fail miserably!
    Leah Herring recently posted…Pecan Crusted ChickenMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:28 pm

I know! Seriously, why is sugar so good? I want veggies to taste that good!

8. June 3, 2015 / 9:38 pm

I’ve been fortunate not to struggle too much with weight until I had my second baby. About two months ago I joined a women’s weight lifting class at my gym and it’s completely changed my body and my outlook on working out!! I’m serious when I say lifting weights is the way to go. I do that twice a week and cardio only one day a week and I’ve lost so many inches all over my body. Plus I feel so strong and have so much energy. I work in a small group with a trainer and I highly suggest you try something like this. I hate nothing more than spending an hour or even 30 mins on a treadmill or elliptical and I suck at group workouts like step class or zumba. This is 1 hour of intense workout and it’s been amazing. Good luck!! I also have to keep all sweets out of my house, otherwise I will eat them. It’s the only way. My sweet tooth is so bad!
    Natalie recently posted…J.Crew Factory LoveMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:31 pm

See, and usually I’m better at things like zumba. I don’t have a CLUE what to do with weight lifting. I should really look into that since I could probably do that on my lunch break, yes? I look for things that don’t get me too sweaty since I have to go back to work!

9. June 4, 2015 / 9:43 am

We all get stuck sometimes. I’ve been up and down so much over the past 10 years or so. Right now I’m basically at my lifetime high. I need to get moving. You’re doing grea!

June 12, 2015 / 12:31 pm

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

10. June 4, 2015 / 10:50 am

Keep it up, girl šŸ™‚ You are doing great, even if it doesn’t feel like it at times. Losing weight is HARD – there’s no way around it. I’m struggling, too. We can do this!

June 12, 2015 / 12:32 pm

Definitely doesn’t feel like it. It’s so hard to juggle, especially with working full time. Ugh.

11. June 5, 2015 / 12:52 am

I did a post about all my weight gain and loss a few months ago, I think maybe back in March? Anyway, I totally agree that it can be so hard when you’re stuck. For me, it was finally being able to cut way back and carbs and sugars. You’ve just got to find what works for you.
    Justine Y @ Little Dove Creations recently posted…teacher thank you giftMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:36 pm

I try not to eat too many carbs, but I admit I’ve been bad about that lately. Something to try for sure.

12. June 5, 2015 / 10:13 am

I’m currently battling my weight and have for my whole life. Getting pregnant and having Jack threw me into the 200s. I’m now stuck in the 210s. You are so right about it being a choice (all the time). Good luck to getting out of the 190s!
    Ashley Ponder recently posted…Muddy PuddlesMy Profile

June 12, 2015 / 12:36 pm

You too my dear! Thank you!