Friday! {11.13.15}

We made it to Friday! Time for my five for the week!

ONE

What is it about approaching the age of three that makes kids go crazy? Abbie’s attitude has been in full force lately – lots of sass, lots of opinions, and being generally uncooperative… and she doesn’t even turn three until next month. I knew she was strong-willed… but this is ridiculous. She tests my patience on an hourly basis, then is adorable the next minute, telling me I’m her best friend. Abbie, if I’m your best friend… give your poor mom a break over here.

Abbie Car Seat

TWO

I’m excited for this weekend because my friend Sarah and her son Zachary are coming up to spend the weekend with us! Zachary is about four months younger than Abbie, so hopefully they’ll get along and play together. I’m really hoping the weather stays nice so we can let them run around outside to wear them out before having a girls night in. Reliving college? Yes, please.

THREE

Speaking of college, my beloved Hokies pulled off a win against Georgia Tech last night in Atlanta. One more win and we can send Beamer into retirement with the bowl eligible streak intact! I’m still in disbelief that next season I won’t be seeing him on the sidelines. Every interview and mention of him makes me so proud though – he’s so truly respected by everyone in college football, and it will definitely be a different place without him. Plus, it looks like I WILL be able to make his last home game, and I can’t wait.

FOUR

You may know that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it – the parade, the food, the football, the family time. My family has our own classic recipes, but I’m putting together a recipe link up for next week for everyone to share their favorite recipes, whether classic or new. I’ll probably be sharing our family stuffing recipe… because I just feel bad for anyone who has to eat the boxed stuff. I’m a snob about stuffing like that.

FIVE

This just made me laugh this morning. Blue Hannukah cup, anyone?

I’ll take a Manischewitz Spiced Latte with a Guilt Scone on the side. Thanks, Starbucks!

Posted by What Jew Wanna Eat on Friday, November 13, 2015

Linking up with some Friday gals below – hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Jess

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

Share:

10 Comments

• Jess
      November 13, 2015 / 11:21 am

OMG, HOW do you do that? If I had two of her, I don’t know how I’d do it!

1. November 13, 2015 / 12:30 pm

The blue cup just cracked me up. My Mcdonald’s cup this morning was purple, what is that about? šŸ™‚ I love Thanksgiving too. I’ll need to be thinking about what recipe to share. Have a great weekend with your friend!
    Ashley Ponder recently posted…Pinterest Win and FailMy Profile

• Jess
      November 18, 2015 / 11:48 am

Glad I could make you laugh with the blue one – and I did, hope you had a great weekend too!

2. November 13, 2015 / 10:49 pm

Have so much fun this weekend! I hope Abbie gives you a break šŸ™‚ I’m not looking forward to the “threenager” year!
    Kerry recently posted…5 on FridayMy Profile

• Jess
      November 18, 2015 / 11:49 am

I swear, I think anything in the vicinity of three makes them nuts! I was warned about the twos but the attitude has definitely come out now at almost three!

3. November 14, 2015 / 3:35 pm

O. M. G. – I tooooootally hear ya’ on the whole turning 3 thing. My little Eliza won’t be 3 until May …MAY! How can she already be this spunky and sassy?! LOL! I hope you are your friend were apple to enjoy some adult beverages! HA! Cheers, girl!
    Marie – Family and the Lake House recently posted…Five on Friday!My Profile

• Jess
      November 18, 2015 / 11:50 am

I know! I’m so happy to be seeing more of her personality, but come on girl, mama needs a break!

4. November 15, 2015 / 1:03 am

Yep…three = SASS. What in the world?!? “You’re my best friend” is Arden’s famous line too. Little manipulators!!! šŸ˜‰ Hope you’re having a great weekend with your friend!
    Vanessa recently posted…Hey There, Friday!My Profile

• Jess
      November 18, 2015 / 11:51 am

They are ridiculous with the “best friend.” The first time she did it I almost cried… and now she does it when she wants something. Typical. šŸ˜‰