Abbie Says, Volume 1

Now that Abbie’s getting older, her vocabulary has exploded. For a while she wasn’t talking that much, and I was trying not to worry, but just keeping a close eye on how she was progressing. Back then everyone kept telling me that when she started talking, it would be all at once – full sentences and everything. Some kids are just like that.

Well, now that that’s happened, Abbie is always talking – in the car, in the bath, at meals, when she’s playing, basically any time she’s awake. Her personality is just coming out more and more every day – sweet, silly, sassy, and independent. The best part? The things she says. She’s so silly and I just love every bit of it.

Abbie Says

Going to bed 2 nights ago:
Chris: Okay Abbie, Goodnight I love you.
Abbie: Goodnight Daddy!
(closes door)
A: Mommy, Daddy go to the gym?
Me: No, Daddy went to clean the kitchen and do the dishes.
A: OH, right.

The next night:
C: Goodnight Abbie, I love you.
A: Love you Daddy, bye…Daddy, do the dishes!

Abbie Says

Anytime she’s using her play kitchen:
Me: Abbie, what are you making?
A: Pancakes!
Me: Oh, what goes in the pancakes?
A: The milk! The orange juice! The beans! The spaghetti!
Me: Those must be some weird pancakes.
A: Yeah.

Abbie Says

Me: Abbie, why are you doing [insert anything here]?
A: Because.
Me: Because why?
A: BECAUSE, Mommy! Because!

Abbie Says

A: Mommy Daddy look, an airplane! Way up high!
Us: Oh really? That’s so cool!
A: Yeah, airplane go see Captain Jake Neverland Pirates.
Us: Okay, kiddo.

Petting one of the cats:
A: Aw, Missy Cat SO CUTE!
(Mischief runs away)
A: MISSY CAT! COME BACK! Aw, so sad Missy Cat.

Abbie Says

Posing for a picture:
Me: Abbie, say cheese.
A: (says nothing)
Me: Abbie, say spaghetti.
A: SPAGHETTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Abbie Says

After I’ve come back from another room:

A: MOMMY! Go see you’re back! (I’m so glad you’re back!)

She also knows every word to every PJ Masks episode and about half three-quarters of the words to Elle King’s “Ex’s and Oh’s” and Taylor Swift’s “Shake it Off.”

Oh, life with a three-year-old.

Jess

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

12 Comments

1. January 12, 2016 / 10:28 am

She is the cutest! I love that she told him to go wash the dishes!
    chelsea jacobs recently posted…Are you Ready?My Profile

• Jess
      Author
      January 12, 2016 / 1:27 pm

It was ridiculous. I love how her memory is getting better and better! She’s starting to understand time a little bit and it’s great!

2. Roksana
    January 12, 2016 / 1:03 pm

My three year old recently broke out into the full shake it off song and dance on the way back from preschool. It was great ? especially when she started singing “my ex man”…

• Jess
      Author
      January 12, 2016 / 1:28 pm

HAHAHAHA that’s awesome. Abbie loves Shake it Off too – she used to want to watch the video EVERY.NIGHT.

3. January 12, 2016 / 1:36 pm

Hahaha! She’s adorable! I love hearing her little voice on Snapchat too! She’s such a cutie! And I also can’t believe your cat lets her get so close! Our cat runs and hides as soon as the kids get within 30 feet of her!
    Sara McCarty recently posted…Valentine Cake with Strawberry Buttercream IcingMy Profile

• Jess
      Author
      January 12, 2016 / 1:57 pm

Hahaha well one cat runs away. The other will take attention anywhere she can get it so she tolerates the Abbie snuggles!

4. January 12, 2016 / 4:17 pm

This is adorable! I have started doing this with my daughter. They really say some of the most insane things. It is crazy what they pick up on too!

• Jess
      Author
      January 13, 2016 / 9:28 am

It is! We’ve had to start watching what we say a little bit…well, mostly my husband!

5. Meghan
    January 12, 2016 / 7:25 pm

Noah was the same! A little delayed in speech compared to others but then one day it just clicked and now he talks nonstop. At least around us… He still shy around other people. But the things they say are so freaking cute… I’m actually posting some later this week as well 🙂

• Jess
      Author
      January 13, 2016 / 9:48 am

See, and Abbie is FAR from shy. She’ll literally talk to anyone (gets that from my mom I think). The things they say just crack me up – can’t wait to read Noah’s!

6. January 19, 2016 / 5:52 pm

The stuff these kiddos come up with! It is crazy what little sponges they are and hilarious to hear them put their own spin on things. I wish I’d been better at writing down some of the funny things Kenley has said, but she has us cracking up all the time. This age is SO fun for that reason.
    Kristin recently posted…{bump two} 25 weeksMy Profile

• Jess
      Author
      March 10, 2016 / 3:46 pm

It really is. I need to get better about keeping notes, because she comes up with more every day!