One of the things that’s really important to me is making sure I bring a lunch to work every day. It’s healthier, faster, and let’s face it – cheaper. Eating out is expensive!
Since I’m trying to watch what I’m eating, I have a repertoire of a few salads that I take for lunch all the time. This one is inspired by one I used to pick up at Costco. I was buying it a lot, and then it disappeared over the holidays, so I figured out how to make it on my own! This easy salad is so good – really fresh and filling with lots of good protein on top from the chicken. A lot of people would call this a Chinese salad too, because of the flavors. Enjoy!
- 5 ounces shredded napa cabbage
- 1 ounce shredded carrots
- 1/3 ounce crispy noodle/wonton strips
- 1/3 roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 3 ounces cooked chicken (rotisserie chickens are great for this!)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. If you're making it ahead of time, keep the crispy noodles separate until right before eating so they don't get soggy!