Growing up, I never really made a big deal about St.Patrick’s Day. My family is part Irish (a really small amount), so I always just made sure to wear green so I wouldn’t get pinched. Anyone else hate the pinching part? I seemed to always be a target for it!
Anyway, now that Abbie’s getting bigger, I’m enjoying doing things with her for these minor holidays. It’s just fun and festive, and memories to share with her. We whipped up these super-easy Lucky Treats the other day… and let’s just say they were gone very quickly. So easy, and so good – give them a try! We’ll likely be making them again next week to bring in to daycare.
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (11oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Use the butter to generously grease a 9 x 13 pan, then add the remaining butter and bag of marshmallows to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave on 30 second intervals until fully melted, stirring at each interval. Mine only took about 2 minutes total.
- Working quickly, dump in the cereal and mix well. The mixture will be very sticky and hard to stir, so it may help to grease your spoon.
- When the mixture is fully mixed, push into the greased pan. I usually dump it all in, then grease my hands and use them to push everything flat.
- Let cool, then turn out and cut into desired number of squares! Using a pizza cutter makes it really easy.