When the holiday season comes around, so do all my favorite flavor combinations. I love them all, but chocolate and peppermint has always been my favorite. Add in some pretzels, and it’s the perfect sweet and salty holiday snack.
I love to make treats to give away to family and friends, so I whipped up these Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Sticks as a fun snack to gift. They’re super easy to make, so they’re great for kids to help with too. Just be careful not to eat them all – you’ll want to!
- Large bag Pretzel Rods (the thick ones - I bought a big container from BJ's)
- 8 oz Semi-Sweet baking chocolate (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes (I like to use the mini ones because they crush easier)
- Set out a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface. This will be going into the fridge to help the sticks set.
- In a microwave safe container, melt the chocolate, putting it into the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir between intervals until fully melted - just be sure not to scorch the chocolate but doing it too much!
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the peppermint extract and stir well.
- Dip the pretzel rods halfway into the chocolate one at a time. Place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint on the dipped pretzel rods. Repeat for as many as you want to make.
- Put the pretzels in the fridge to set, 20 minutes or until firm.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container - once they are set, they can be stored at room temperature.
- If you can , use a narrow, tall container to melt the chocolate since it makes dipping easier. I used a liquid measuring cup.
Enjoy – and I dare you not to eat them all – they’re addicting!