I’m always looking for ways to involve Abbie in holidays, even the small ones. With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, there’s green and gold everywhere. You always think of green with St. Patrick’s Day, but I also think of rainbows – after all, isn’t the end of it where the pot of gold is? I had the idea to do an easy treat to celebrate – rainbow treats.
Truthfully, I had this box of Fruity Pebbles in the pantry thanks to a late pregnancy craving, and I’m so glad I did. These were easy to mix up and done in just minutes. Abbie didn’t help me this time, but she could’ve easily mixed them together and helped me press the bars down. Next time I’ll be sure to have her help. Enjoy!
Yield 16 bars
A fun rainbow themed snack for St. Patrick's Day!
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles or other colorful rice cereal flakes
- Grease a 9 x 13 in cake pan. I lined it with nonstick foil first to make it easier.
- Put the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl.Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Pour in the cereal and mix to combine. It'll be really sticky, so mix quickly!
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and flatten. I sprayed cooking spray on my hands and patted down to make it easier and keep it from sticking.
- Set aside until cool and set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Any other fun St. Patrick’s Day treats I should make? I’d love to see yours!