Today our littlest love turns one. It’s been one of the fastest years of my life, and I’ve loved every single minute of watching her grow. Time for one last monthly update on our girl before I start spacing them out!
Ella at twelve months:
- Weight: She’s definitely over 20 pounds – girlfriend has packed on the pounds lately. We’ll find out the official number at her checkup later in the month.
- Length: No idea – we’ll find out later in the month!
- Her hair is still light brown, and her eyes are usually blue with hints of grey and even hazel.
- She’s in all 18-month clothes now… and I still have 12-month stuff hanging out in her drawers. Need to get on that.
- Healthy girl! No doctor’s visits and all around healthy – she’s got a bit of a runny nose right now but that’s about it.
- We have slowly been cutting out our nursing sessions, and I think we’re just about done. I’m still offering in the morning, but I can tell she’s getting almost nothing. Now that she’s one, we’ll start the transition to whole milk. I am pretty impressed and proud of just how far I got with breastfeeding. Ella had 10 months of exclusive breast milk, and I supplemented the last two. It was a roller coaster, but I’m excited to get my body back and I am incredibly proud of everything my body did for my girl.
- Ella LOVES food, as always. Bananas are her absolute favorite, but she loves yogurt bites, cheerios, bread, spaghetti – basically everything.
- Still sleeping through the night, and just now starting to drop her second nap. We haven’t been able to get her to take one at home in weeks, but she still takes two at daycare most days. Next step will be moving her nap later in the day.
- Ella is up to 6 teeth – she now has four on top and two on the bottom. Seeing those teeth makes me kind of glad we’re just about done nursing.
- Still not walking quite yet. I think she can do it, but she just doesn’t want to yet. She gets too nervous and just decides to crawl instead.
- In cloth diapers 95% of the time, or in disposables size 4.
- Minnie is still her favorite ever, and we’re doing a Minnie birthday party. She’s obsessed.
- Still the biggest mama’s girl, but no one makes her laugh like big sister.
- Nicknames: Miss Ella, Ellabella, Boo Boo
Life with Two:
Watching my girls together has hands-down been my favorite part of having two kids. They look more and more like sisters every day, both in appearance and their relationship. Abbie just adores Ella and is always trying to play with her, do things with her, and make her laugh. Ella does her part by crawling after Abbie as fast as she can, trying to play with her toys, and stealing Abbie’s snacks. I feel like we’ve finally gotten in a groove as parents of two, and most days we each get time with each of our girls. We try to just take it one day at a time and do the best we can with that day.
Now that all the changes in our lives are calming down and I’m not going to be nursing anymore, I feel like I’m finally going to have some time to work on myself. More to come on that in future posts, but safe to say it’s time to make mama a priority again, right?
So that’s our Miss Ella at ONE! Happiest of birthdays, sweet girl! We love you so much more than you’ll ever know.