Hi there! I’m Jess.
Thanks for taking a minute to stop by my little corner of the internet. I love writing in this space, and I’m so happy to have you! On that note, I find writing “About” pages awkward. I mean, who doesn’t? So I thought I’d do this in list form, because everyone loves lists.
- I’ve been writing here since 2009. That’s six years! When I started writing here, I had just started dating my husband. It’s awesome that so much of our lives is documented here.
- I’ve lived in Virginia for the majority of my life, but my family is originally from NYC. I occasionally have NY accent slip into my conversations.
- I am a Virginia Tech Hokie – for life. Orange and maroon is the greatest color combination in the world, I gobble at football games, and Go Hokies will be one of the first phrases my daughter will learn.
- I’m the oldest of four daughters. My poor dad is so outnumbered.
- One of my sisters has Asperger’s syndrome. She’s changed my life so much, and I’ve learned so many lessons from her.
- I’m a sorority girl – Alpha Gamma Delta – and joining our sisterhood was one of the best decisions of my life.
- My husband claims we started dating because I got him drunk. LIES. He got himself drunk.
- We’re an interfaith family – I’m Jewish and Chris is Catholic.
- Our little girl, Abbie, is the light of our lives. She’s a rambunctious toddler who keeps us on our toes.
Have a question or just want to chat? Let me know! I can’t wait to meet you.