When I was pregnant, some of the most helpful posts I read were the ones new moms wrote about what they used most for their little ones, and what kind of blogger would I be if I didn’t return the favor? Here’ are our favorites from Abbie’s first month of life!
(click the picture for product details)
- Boppy Pillow – ESSENTIAL for breastfeeding. I’m considering also getting the travel version for running around and my parents’ house since its such a big help. I had also gotten the My Brest Friend, but found I preferred the boppy, so that one went back!
- Cloud B Sleep Sheep – Abbie got this as a Christmas present from her Uncle Doug and Aunt Erica, and its such a lifesaver. I love that it has a timer to turn itself off after 23 or 45 minutes, and it really helps Abbie stay asleep when we put her down.
- Swaddleme wraps – My friend Danyael raved about these to me, and the praise is so well deserved! Swaddling Abbie in a blanket doesn’t always get it tight enough, and these are amazing – the velcro keeps it nice and tight and she can’t get out of them…yet!
- Tommee Tippee bottles – I did a bit of research on bottles before Abbie was born, and ended up registering for these and the Avent bottles, knowing that Abbie could completely foil my plans and take neither of them! Luckily, she’s taken every nipple we’ve given her – she does not seem to be picky in terms of getting her food! I prefer to use these because they’re wider and shaped more like a breast. She’s been able to go between bottle and breast with no issues. I don’t know if its because of these or what, but we’ll keep using them just in case!
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym – We love this playmat! Abbie is getting more alert by the day, and she loves the lights and music. I’m really happy with this choice.
- Fisher-Price Cradle ‘N Swing – This has become our lifesaver with naps. I love that the cover pops right in the washing machine – we’ve already had to wash it quite a few times. Abbie typically hangs out in this first thing in the morning so I can have my breakfast.
- Crane Humidifier – I’ve always sworn by humidifiers in my own rooms, and Abbie’s is no exception, Plus it really helps combat the dry air having the heat on brings.
- Baby Monitor – Since Abbie’s been sleeping in her crib in her room from day 1, we needed this right away. We went with a sound-only monitor. I chose not to go with a motion detector monitor because I kept reading conflicting advice on it – some moms swore by it, but others said it made them overly worried. I chose not to go with a video monitor either because I just couldn’t see us (or anyone who gifted it to us) spending that much money for a monitor. This one is great because it had DECT technology, making it a great choice for us since we live in an apartment complex and didn’t want to worry about interference. The parent unit is rechargeable and can be carried around the house as needed.
- Itzbeen timer – When I first saw this timer floating around the blog world, I thought it was a crazy thing. Why would I need a timer? I couldn’t have been more wrong, and I’m so glad we got it. It’s been a lifesaver. Every time we change or feed Abbie, or anytime she falls asleep, we hit the appropriate button, and we always know how long it’s been since each thing happened. There’s an additional timer to use for anything else you want, but we haven’t used it for anything yet. You’d be surprised how easy it is to forget how long it’s been since your baby ate, slept, or had a diaper change!
- Britax B-Safe car seat and B-Agile stroller – I honestly registered for this car seat and stroller because all the bloggers due around me did…and I’m so glad I trusted them! (Looking at you, Kristin and Laura) The seat is really easy to adjust and clicks right into the stroller, and the stroller is super easy to maneuver, which was a lifesaver at my brother-in-law’s wedding the other weekend!
- Car Seat Cover – Another gift from Aunt Erica, and so necessary in this cold winter!
- Aden & Anais swaddle blankets – These blankets are awesome. They’re super soft and great for swaddling, layering, as a nursing cover…the possibilities are endless! Love them.
Those are our favorites from the first month! We’ll see how it changes as she grows!
I’ve heard wonders about the sleep sheep!!
I’ve somehow never heard of the Itzbeen timer? I spent $5 on an app for my phone that I used to mark every activity (diaper/food/sleep) on. Now I only mark feedings (which side, how long) and I really rely on it, especially for the overnights – I wake up and can barely remember! I use BabyConnect if you’re ever interested!
Great minds think alike, I did a post sharing my faves today too! 🙂 We have some of the same ones but .. .car seat cover … hahaha this FL family so doesn’t need one! 😉
I love the car seat cover—so cute! I really wanted to buy one, but I would use it 3-4 times in Texas. But I love seeing babies all wrapped up in them! Looks so cozy 🙂