Our Miss Ella is 5 months old! I hope you’re ready for an update, because it’s coming your way!
Ella at five months:
- Weight: I think shes a bit over 14 pounds. When we went to the doctor when she was sick, she was 14 pounds, 1 ounce – I think being sick knocked her off her growth curve a bit.
- Length: No idea, but she’s definitely tall like her sister!
- Still a blue eyed girl, but her hair is definitely light brown now. My mom is not happy (she wants all her grandkids to have dark hair….)
- Wearing 3-6 and 6 month clothes. I said this last month, but I really need to pull out the 9 and 12 month stuff since she’s rapidly getting too tall for most of this stuff!
- This month Ella caught the flu for the first time, despite me getting the flu shot while I was pregnant. Big sister actually got it first, then passed it to her… but Ella seemed to get better faster (thank you, breastfeeding). Babies with the flu is just so sad and a bit scary. I never want to go through that again.
- We have officially made it to five months of exclusive breastfeeding! Ella nurses morning and night during the workweek (and sometimes during the night), and about 6-7 times today per weekend day. She drinks about 16 ounces of pumped milk during the day at daycare.
- She’s still got a lingering cough from having the flu and I hate it.
- For the most part, she’s still a great sleeper. The flu messed her up some and she went back to waking up at night after sleeping through for weeks. Usually, it’s only once a night. She’s definitely loves her routine and if she’s not getting ready for bed by about 7:15… she is NOT a happy camper.
- Everyone tells me what a happy baby she is and it’s so true. She found her toes this past month and I seriously forgot how cute that phase is.
- Ella rolls all over the place whenever she gets a chance. She’s even started rolling over in her crib at night and sometimes when I get her in the morning she’s put herself on her tummy. Not all that surprising since I’m a tummy sleeper too!
- Still in cloth diapers and getting better about the routine of washing them 2-3 times a week.
- The rides to and from daycare are sometimes fine and sometimes awful. For example, today she was good until about halfway through, when she started screaming and didn’t stop until we got home… where she promptly let out about 5 burps. Poor girl.
- The biggest Momma’s girl, although Daddy and big sister get their share of smiles too.
- Nicknames: Miss Ella, Ellabear, Ellabella, Miss Thing
Life with Two:
After reading about other people’s kids developing relationships I expected it… but it’s so amazing to watch Ella watch Abbie. She already adores her big sister and I can tell she’s going to spend her days trying to keep up with her. Abbie is so sweet to her right back, getting her toys and blankets and always being a big helper. I think concentrating on making the most of our alone time with Abbie has really helped her attitude.
I’m doing okay. Work has been a bit crazy so sometimes I feel really stretched between work and home. I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit with my weight loss but I’m trying to give myself grace – slow and steady, right? I’m hoping as our routine develops and Ella gets more independent I’ll get a bit more time to myself and be able to concentrate on my health a bit more. Time will tell.
Happy five months, sweet girl! We love you and are so excited to see what the next month brings!