Eight months with our Ella! Our girl had a busy month, so let’s get to her update!
Ella at eight months:
- Weight: I am so curious to see what she weighs next month because I swear she is packing on the weight. We’ll find out next month!
- Length: Not a clue, and it’s not like she would let me measure!
- Starting to look more like her daddy every day – the most in the shape of her eyes. Her hair is starting to get really long in the front and on the sides – growing over her ears already!
- I officially put away most of the 9 month clothes even though she still fits in most of them. She has so many 12 month clothes they didn’t all fit in the drawer, so I made the decision to just pick one size!
- No doctor’s visits this month!
- We made it to 8 months of breastfeeding and successfully got through my solo trip to Orlando. Pumping continues to be a lot of work, but it’s getting easier now that the one year mark is looming – less than 4 months of pumping to go! If we’re still nursing at one year, I’m going to stop pumping during the day at work and just nurse when we’re together. We’ll see how that goes since it’s so different from my experience with Abbie.
- Ella loves food and if she could eat all day long she’d be the happiest baby ever. We have yet to find a food she doesn’t like, despite the fact she still has no teeth! Current favorites are banana, chicken, yogurt popsicles, pasta, and green beans. We’re still doing purees at most meals and I got a lot on sale the other day, but I know those days are numbered – she just wants real food at this point!
- Still sleeping through the night with two naps a day for the most part. She goes down for the night between 7:45 and 8:15 and usually sleeps until 6am or so.
- Every single thing Ella gets her hands on goes in her mouth. I keep feeling around to see if she’s getting any teeth yet, but still nothing. I think they’re right under the surface but just not moving yet. Abbie didn’t get teeth until almost a year though, so I’m not surprised by this at all.
- Ella sits so well and can push herself into a sitting position. She is crawling backwards and moves all around the floor, but still hasn’t managed to go forward yet. These pictures are officially a challenge since she doesn’t ever stay still anymore!
- In cloth diapers 95% of the time, or in disposables size 3.
- Ella had a big change to our rides to and from daycare this past month since Abbie is no longer in the car with her for that ride. It took a little while for her to get used to it, but for the most part, she’s adjusted. There are still some rough days, but I know it’ll get easier as she gets older. I basically keep a stash of toys in the front seat, ready to hand to her as needed. Sometimes we bust out the Disney songs… whatever it takes to keep her happy!
- She did so great while I was in Orlando – was great for Chris and he thinks it really helped their bond. She’s definitely still a momma’s girl though – when I got home she wouldn’t let me out of her sight for days.
- Nicknames: Miss Ella, Ellabella, Miss Thing, Boo Boo
Life with Two:
I feel like we’re finally hitting a sweet spot with having two kids. Abbie continues to be the sweetest big sister, and I really think she’s adjusting to preschool and having a separate thing from Ella. Abbie’s had a few challenging things lately, but nothing related to Ella – she just adores her sister.
Thanks to the lovely postpartum hair loss, I now have these dang baby hairs growing in that are driving me crazy. My weight loss is completely stagnant, but to be honest, that’s completely my fault. Emotionally, I’m doing okay, and the closer Ella gets to age one, the better I feel and the more comfortable I am leaving her in the evenings if I want to do something or if Chris and I actually want a date night. I love having family time, but I sometimes forget just how much we need that connection without the kids.
That’s eight months in – can’t wait to see what this month brings!