I feel like everyone I know in the blog world was sharing their August goals this week, so it’s my turn. Setting goals on the blog is something I used to do pretty often, and I want to get back to it. I’m hoping having to report back on them will keep me a bit more accountable, but only time will tell. So what do I have planned?
- Reader survey. I’ve wanted to do a reader survey for a few months now, but just haven’t been able to get to it. I know they’ve been so helpful for others (my friend Jessica is conducting one now and you should go take it!) so I really want to see that you guys are thinking, what you want to see more of, less of, etc. Fingers crossed I get this set up by the end of the month!
- Post about essential oils. This has been on my list since April. I have so much to share, but I just haven’t been able to get to it. I’m planning on doing these posts on weekends (when I don’t normally post) so it doesn’t interrupt my normal content.
- Create Buttons for my sidebar. When Fran did myt blog redesign, I also purchased design right for her so I could make my own sidebar buttons… but I just haven’t done it. Once I get the template set up, these really shouldn’t take too long, and I just need to sit down and get it done.
- Get through office move. Our office is moving buildings in two weeks, and there’s TONS of packing and cleaning to do… as well as helping people pack things that have been in their offices for years. Our new space doesn’t have a lot of storage, so it’s going to be quite a change!
- 12,500 steps every day. Back in June, I let myself have a break from meeting my Fitbit step goal every day, and I’ve suffered as a result. I don’t feel as good and my weight has definitely gone the wrong direction. This was my most recent step goal, so I’m back to hitting it daily, no matter what.
- Get back into the 180s. I got into the 180s a while ago… and slowly went back up. I’m sitting at about 194 right now, and it’s not fun. My clothes are tighter, and as mentioned above, I just don’t feel great. I would love to get to 189 by the end of the month. It’s 5 pounds away, which is really optimistic for me, but I’m hoping with a lot of dedication this month, I’ll get there.
- Have a date night with Chris. We don’t do these nearly often enough, and with the crazy summer we’ve had, we just need some time to ourselves… even if it’s just watching a movie together at home once Abbie’s in bed. Sometimes in the hustle, I forget that we need that time together.
- Go to Splashdown. You guys, we live less than a mile from this water park, and we haven’t gone there ALL summer. I want to make sure we make it there at least once before they close for the season.