So, it’s Tuesday and it’s April. Things have been quiet around here, and to be honest, it’s been busy. I hate stepping away from here, but when I’m overwhelmed, it’s the first thing to go. So what’s been happening lately?
- We spent Saturday at my parents’ house. I went to a baby shower and left Chris and Abbie there, and Abbie had a great time – she loves the change of pace and the outdoor space at their house. My sister often plays basketball with her outside, there’s plenty of space for her to play with her chalk and run around. I’m hoping one day we can have a house with as much outside space as my parents have, but for now it’s great to give her that there… and let her be spoiled by Grandma and Pop.
- At the end of that day though? Abbie caught some sort of tummy bug and got sick in the car. Literally throw up everywhere. We had to pull over on the way home and clean her up as best we could… and then spent the night listening for her and cleaning up the car seat. I thought of my friend Tawnya the whole time I was cleaning the seat… thinking I should do what she did and just buy a new one! Thankfully this seat is convertible so it comes almost completely apart, and I was able to get it clean, but I was sorely tempted. Thankfully whatever Abbie had was short lived and she was better by Sunday evening and able to help make pancakes for dinner (and yes, she totally had the kindle for too long on Sunday while she was sick).
- Our Easter was low-key – just a simple dinner at my in-laws’ house, with them hiding eggs for Abbie to find. She loved that part, and I’m so thankful that my in-laws kept it simple and not a huge celebration, since I don’t celebrate Easter
- I am finding as I get older that I want to get back into being more observant with all the Jewish holidays, so I’m actually looking forward to Passover this year. I don’t think I’ll be holding a Seder, but it’s definitely something I’d like to do in the future. On that note, any of you interested in Passover recipes? Traditions? What it’s all about?.
- I got a Stitch Fix box at the end of March and for the first time, never blogged about it. I did keep one thing that I’ll probably throw in with my next review, but I don’t think I’ll be blogging the whole box.
- Chris is in San Francisco for work this week, so we’re having Girls’ Day all week long…. which basically means lots of time playing dollhouse and not cooking real dinners.
What’s going on in your neck of the woods?