It seems, like many of the bloggers I know, I’ve been a little bit absent lately. Summer is a busy time of year for everyone, and between all the activities, working, and you know, being pregnant, I’ve taken it easy around here. There’s so much I want to share though, so that in that spirit, here’s what’s been happening around here lately!
- Abbie is fully potty trained. I hesitate to say this, but she really gets it and we’re just so proud of her. She still wears a Pull-Up to bed as a precaution (and also because I got tired of changing her sheets all the time), but she’s dry in the morning most of the time. She even handled a few long drives like a champ and I am in awe that once she got it, that was it. Such a big girl.
- Chris started a new job last week! They recruited him (he wasn’t looking at all), and it was an opportunity he was so excited about, so he went for it. The only downside is that we’re back to driving in separately every day, and I definitely miss having him in the car with me…and not just because I got HOV more often. It was so nice to start and end our workdays together, and I’m definitely missing that. On the upside, I’ve been listening to all the podcasts I love that he wouldn’t, so that’s fun – my favorite is Stuff Mom Never Told You.
- We had an easygoing Father’s Day weekend, but I tried to make sure Chris felt spoiled. He really is such a great dad to Abbie and I can’t wait to see him with both our girls! Saturday I made him an appointment for a pedicure at Old Town Man Cave for a little pampering (They’re a nail salon that caters to men – so cool) and he loved that – plus it means his feet look a little nicer! Sunday we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel before heading to see Finding Dory. It was Abbie’s first experience at the movies and she did really well, just a bit restless. It was so nice to spend the day together as a family and show Chris just how much we love and appreciate him.
- We’re finally starting to work on Abbie’s new room! I took some time off at the beginning of July to do a lot of the work on it, and I can’t wait to see it come together. Once Abbie is settled in her new room, we’ll be able to start on baby girl’s room. I feel like everything will just seem so much more real once their rooms are done and there are baby clothes in that room again! It’s hard to believe that in just over 4 months, we’ll be a family of four!
- I keep seeing the cutest things for baby girl two, but I am trying to resist buying anything until we go through Abbie’s old things and see exactly what we have. Since they’re due in similar seasons, most of Abbie’s things should work for her, and I don’t want to overbuy… but I also want this little one to have a few of her own things. Once the rooms are done and I start pulling everything out, I should have a better idea of what we’re missing, and the fun new things I want!
- It’s crazy to me that I’m already 22 weeks pregnant. Even if this one is late, I’m officially over halfway since my doctor would only let me go 42 weeks, max. When we first found out I was pregnant, the weeks were so slow, but now they seem to be flying by.
- Abbie has suddenly gotten into Peppa Pig and I don’t get it. I really think its such a dumb show, but it makes her laugh, so… sometimes we watch Peppa Pig. So weird.
- I am actually really looking forward to maternity leave. In addition to meeting this newest girl of ours and spending time with her, I’m so thankful that I should have a similar amount of time with just her. Abbie will still be going to daycare while I’m on leave, so most days it’ll just be me and baby girl. I’m also pretty happy to not have to deal with the holiday traffic around my office this year – my office is about 5 minutes from the area’s two biggest malls and it gets pretty bad during the holidays!
- Now that summer is officially here… it means I can start counting down to fall. I’m not the biggest fan of summer, but fall is my favorite season. The countdown to college football has already started in our house!
- As expected, my hands have already started swelling and I can’t wear my wedding rings anymore. Last time, I bought an inexpensive band to wear, but now I can’t find it anywhere. My hand really feels empty without anything there.
How about you? What’s going on with you lately?