This post has been floating around the blogworld recently and I thought today I’d join in. I always love these getting-to-know-you posts, so here’s your opportunity to learn a bit more about me!
- Favorite food: Lately? Mexican food. Give me all the tacos, huevos rancheros, and guac. All the time.
- Flip flops or high heels: Flip flops or any kind of flats. I gave up on heels about 3 months into my pregnancy with Abbie. I rarely wear any sort of heel… I’m just short and embrace it.
- Favorite places to shop for yourself: Stitch Fix, Old Navy, Target, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack…lots of places!
- Standard Coffee order: Skinny vanilla latte or Skinny caramel macchiato.
- Road trip must-have snack: Water and Cracker Barrel
- DIY or hire it out? A little of both. I can handle most of the easy stuff (painting, basic DIY, etc.), but the bigger stuff we hire someone.
- Top 5 TV shows: New Girl, Parenthood (so sad it’s over), Real Housewives (guilty pleasure), Gilmore Girls.
- Favorite Book: Of all time? I can’t even begin to pick, but my favorite recent one is The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
- Favorite Form of Exercising: Walking or classes.
- How tall are you? 5’4″ (on a good day)
- Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites? A little of both. I try new things until I find my favorite, then I stick with that.
- One makeup item you can’t live without: One??? Probably mascara. I am a full-makeup kind of girl though – I regularly wear concealer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara… but usually not lipstick. Figure that out.
- What’s on your nightstand? Alarm clock, water bottle, aquaphor (for my lips), my diffuser, and whatever collection of essential oils I’m diffusing that night.
- What’s one thing motherhood has taught you? That hearing your kids say “Mommy” can cure almost anything.
- Music that reminds you of high school: Spice Girls, NSYNC, and Mmmbop. One of my best friends LOOOOOVED Hanson (and still does, to be honest) so we listened to it a LOT.
- If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would you live? Blacksburg, obviously. Have you met me? Crazy Hokie fan, party of one.
- Tell us something about you we might not know: I get crazy instances of deja vu. I often remember things happening before… as they’re happening to me for the first time. It used to really freak me out a lot, but now I’m used to it – I think I dream them – it’s always a simple scene, like me pouring coffee and creamer, or talking to someone in a specific place. Never enough to be useful, just enough to be strange.
- Websites you read/browse (besides blogs): Not blogs? But I read so many! I’m also a big fan of hellogiggles, greatist, and kveller (in no particular order).
- Morning person or Night owl? Neither really. I HAAAATE getting up (Chris can tell you all about that) but I don’t like being up late either. How about mid-day? Can I be a mid-day person?
- Favorite Breakfast meal: Um, everything? Breakfast is my favorite meal and I love pretty much all of it. My favorite lately is an omelet at a local place we love – it’s an omelet with bacon and cheese with avocado on top, served with hash browns, rye toast, and fruit. It’s basically perfect. I also make a mean french toast, and I love making pancakes from scratch. Basically, give me all the breakfast…. except grits and sausage gravy. You can keep those.
Ha! I totally have this post ready to go up on Wednesday, but I may push it to next week since I’ve seen it around the ‘hood quite a bit lately. I love getting to know bloggers like this, though! I totally just started singing Spice Girls when I read their name—so darn catchy!
Hahaha, we all think alike 😉
I love breakfast food too! I can eat it anytime of day! Ooo I get the deja vu feeling a lot too, so weird!
Super weird. Good to know I’m not alone in my breakfast obsession!