Chris and I try to look for new recipes all the time. Since moving farther away from work, we don’t always have a ton of time in the evenings, so we usually look for fast recipes for weeknight meals. I try to give them a test run on a weekend before we attempt out during the week too. We tried this one out a few weeks ago, and a long as you’re prepared, it goes pretty fast. I had a few requests for the recipe after putting a photo up on Instagram, so here it is!
- 12 ounces uncooked farfalle
- 2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 3/4 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 8-ounce package presliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1.3 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sun-dried tomato oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add red pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms, salt, and black pepper; saute 4 minutes. Stire in lemon juice. Stir in pasta, chicken, and tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Add cheese and basil; toss gently.
This sounds delish!! Not sure it is something my husband would it… BUT it seems like it would be right up my mom’s alley!! I might have to volunteer to cook the next time we go visit… she and I can have this and we’ll figure something else out for my dad/husband!
Well, my husband liked it, and he usually doesn’t like mushrooms, so there’s hope! You could always make it for girls’ night!
Comments are closed.