Monday Tuesday (and first day of March)! We had the best kind of weekend and I just didn’t want it to end, so I took yesterday off from the blog. Forgive me? Anyway, I was thinking it’s been a little while since I did an old fashioned life update on how things are around here, so I thought I’d pop in with that!
- Our five year wedding anniversary was Friday, but since it was a work day, we weren’t really able to do anything to celebrate. Instead, we went out to dinner on Saturday night while my in-laws watched Abbie. In typical toddler fashion, she was better for them than she is for us… no procrastination, went right to bed…. who is this kid? (Kidding.) I’m just glad she was good for them.
- When we got to the restaurant (we went to Birch Kitchen and Bar), Chris made a comment about not looking at our phones… and then he didn’t listen to himself (typical). He listened once I pointed it out, but as a result, the only photo I have of the night is this one of our finished dessert – cranberry almond bread pudding. We split it and it was totally worth the splurge.
- We spent most of the weekend on typical family stuff – errands and grocery shopping. The weather was gorgeous on Sunday, so Chris took Abbie up to a local playground for a an hour or so while I started dinner. It was nice that they got some one-on-one time together (and mama got a break)!
- I’m so excited that it’s March, which hopefully means that the few blips of nice weather we’ve had are here to stay. Abbie is a kid that needs outside time, and I think the sunshine makes all of us feel better. Bring on the vitamin D!
- You may have seen it on my Instagram yesterday, but I’m so excited to announce that I’m now a contributor for Moms Without Answers! I’ve followed along with Michelle and Channing for ages, and I’m so excited to be part of their team! (Also, Elly’s first post is live today so check it out!)
- Also, I did not watch one minute of the Oscars this year… I basically forgot about them until the next day when the dresses were everywhere. Let’s be honest, that’s my favorite part anyway….
- I don’t get political on here, but if you’re in a Super Tuesday state, make sure you go vote! Chris and I took advantage of early voting and went on Saturday since our workday and commute is so long (which is SO helpful by the way). It really counts this year – this is the first time I’ve voted in a primary and it won’t be the last! Get out and make your voice heard!
That’s all I’ve got today guys – have a great Tuesday!!!