I feel like as the holiday season approaches, I have less and less time to hang out here. Not that I don’t want to, but there’s just so much to do that it’s hard to carve out time to write. I know I’m not the only one that feels this way, and I’m just trying to enjoy the holiday season with my little family. So what’s been happening around here?
- We had family pictures taken for our holiday cards back on November 1. We’ve gotten about 25 teaser photos so far, and I LOVE them – as usual, our photographers, Mathy Shoots People, did a great job. I’m trying to save some for our cards, but here’s a few of my favorites you may have seen on my Facebook page and Instagram.
- My in-laws came to visit. They were here at the beginning of the month and stayed with us for the end of the time they were here. This was their last visit home until they move home for good – my father-in-law is retiring in January. They’re currently living it up in Rome – talk about a great place to finish your career! We were so happy to see them and it’s really nice to know that the next time they’re here, they won’t be leaving again.
- Abbie is trying harder and harder to talk. She understands SO much and sometimes it really frustrates me that she isn’t talking more. We celebrate each new word and I work with her on picture books, but it’s hard when we have such limited time. I’m hoping her vocabulary will just explode all at once and we won’t be able to get her to stop talking!
- I’ve been checking off people on our Christmas list, getting closer and closer to being done. Abbie’s been done for a while, but it’s hard to stop buying her things!
- We’ve tried some new recipes. This is the one from last night – Farfalle with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. So good!
- We are SO looking forward to Thanksgiving. It’s my favorite holiday, and I can’t wait for all my favorite traditions – watching the parade with my sisters, eating lots of stuffing, and just spending time with my family. No pressure, just togetherness.
What’s been going on with you lately?