So I just realized I haven’t blogged in a week, despite the fact I have a million ideas in my head on what to write about. One day. In the meantime, I’m popping in with same random Thursday thoughts – oh, the mind of a pregnant woman, right?
- I have seven weeks until my due date. I waver between “oh no, nothing is done” and “eh, we have plenty of time.”
- The only things that taste good to me right now are citrus flavored baked goods – i.e. Starbucks Lemon Loaf and Panera Orange Scones. I can’t wait to have normal taste buds again.
- People with due dates near me are starting to have their babies – my best friend had hers two weeks ago, and Kristy is having her scheduled c-section tomorrow. I feel like my due date is endlessly far away (see number one).
- Chris was superdad over the weekend (seriously) and went and got the majority of the newborn stuff out of his parents’ storage unit. I’ve cleaned most of it now and it’s crazy to see it all again and know there’s going to be a little person using that stuff soon.
- Also, we have A LOT of baby gear. I’ve decided that after this babe is done with it, I’m getting rid of it. We’re undecided on if we’ll ever go for baby three, but I feel like if we do all of our stuff will need replacing by then anyway, so I’m going to sell it while I still can. I may keep the clothes, but the gear is definitely going.
- Despite how much we have, I’m still finding that there are things I need to replace. Hello Amazon registry and completion discount!
- My next OB appointment is in two weeks, and after that I start going every week. I feel like that’s when the nearness of this all will kick in.
- At the same time, I worry this little girl will be late, just like her sister was… please don’t make me wait too long overdue, baby girl.
- I’m so ready to tell everyone her name, but I also really want to wait until she’s here to do so. Also, I’m superstitious about it. I won’t even buy anything with her name on it because I don’t want it in my possession. I’m thinking of ordering the few things I know I want personalized for her and just sending them to my mom’s house… that way they’re ready but not in my house. I know, I’m way too superstitious.
- Abbie has been really great with her behavior lately, and fingers crossed it continues. She also seems to really understand that mama is super tired, and she lets me nap on weekend mornings… she just wakes me every half hour to put another show on for her. Yep, at this point, TV sometimes is a babysitter and I’m totally fine with it.
- I’m worried about not having the time and energy to shop for presents this winter, so I’ve already got a good portion done. The majority of our families’ birthdays fall from October to February, so the holiday season has us buying ALL the things. I either have already bought or have plans on what to buy for about 80% of my list, so I’m feeling pretty good about that. I do not want to be out and about shopping for gifts with a newborn and a 3.5 year old. No way.
- Chris won a giftcard at work and was the best husband ever (see above superdad comment) and gave it to me so I could buy a new kindle paperwhite. I
havehad a kindle from 5 years ago that worked fine, but I lost it after my trip to Houston and have not been able to find it anywhere. I remember having it on the plane ride home, putting it in my bag… and then nothing. Chris is convinced it fell out somewhere on my trip home. I’m convinced I’ll find it as soon as this new one arrives. Either way, I’m excited to have a new one – the Paperwhite has a built in light and I know from experience that’ll come in handing when I’m nursing in the middle of the night. I spent more time reading during maternity leave with Abbie than almost anything else because I found TV too distracting.
I love your random thoughts! Your craving sounds amazing! 🙂 Enjoy that. What a great hubby you have. Lucky lady!
To be fair, Starbucks’ lemon bread is the bomb haha
Good for you for taking care of your winter gifts…that will help so much! And I’m ready to have normal tastebuds too…but I have a LONG ways to go!!!
Totally loving your bump! I’m so excited for you. I remember going through a lemon loaf phase when I was pregnant too! I can’t wait for you to reveal her name!