Today I turned 34. I feel like the older I get, the less of a big deal birthday seem to be – we had a fairly normal day and I’m ready to start my new job tomorrow! I thought I’d end the day with something fun – 34 things you might not know about me!
- I always make a big deal of everyone else’s birthdays, but not my own.
I haven’t worn heels in about 4 years. The last time I remember wearing heels was for my best friend’s wedding in 2013!
I am not really a big wine drinker – most days, I’d rather have a beer, but my favorite drink is pear cider.
My ears have been pierced since I 6 weeks old.
I listen to NPR on my morning commute. This is a recent one, but I don’t like watching the news with Abbie around right now since it sometimes scares her (the natural disasters). It’s an easy way to get the news.
My favorite place is Blacksburg, VA, but I think you may have guessed that.
- I have short, stubby toes that my entire family calls “Fred Flintstone toes.” My sisters and I all got them from my dad… and it looks like my girls have them too.
- My favorite book series growing up was the Little House on the Prairie series, and I’m so excited to read them with Abbie and Ella eventually.
- On the original Pottermore, I was a Hufflepuff, but when they redid the site, I got put in Ravenclaw. I’m not quite sure how I feel about that.
- I still use a paper planner even though everything is also in my phone.
- I hardly ever watch TV anymore. Who has time for that?
- I started wearing glasses at 9 and contacts at 16.
- I failed the learner’s permit test the first time I took it. The day I got my braces off, my mom decided to take me to DMV for my test – without ever getting me the book of rules to study. She was only thinking about how I didn’t want my braces in the photo!
- Speaking of braces, I still have my permanent retainer cemented behind my bottom teeth. My dentist says if it isn’t bothering me, we can just leave it in.
- I almost never leave the house without at least mascara.
- I actually like wearing nude pantyhose or tights in the fall and winter – I feel like it sucks everything in and looks better.
- I am not 100% sure I can actually complete this Whole 30 we started today.
- I have two cats, Mischief and Cuerva, who almost never make the blog. They’re 9 years old already and I’ve had them since they were kittens!
- I haven’t been to a beach in over 6 years.
- I am one of the biggest klutzes you will ever meet. I have even walked into door frames.
- I can’t sleep without covers.
- I have a pretty good touch memory – for example, I can still recall exactly how my grandfather’s stubble felt when he kissed me. He passed away in 1995.
- My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love the food, the family, and the Macy’s parade.
- I want to go to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade – just once. Chris thinks I’m crazy.
- I didn’t really watch football at all until I went to Virginia Tech, and now I love it.
- I’m really superstitious about football – it’s only weird if it doesn’t work.
- I hate capers. Yuck.
- My favorite chocolates are the praline and nut ones.
- I’ve never been farther west than Texas.
- My favorite movie of all time is When Harry Met Sally.
- I always have at least 2 cups of water next to the bed.
- I could eat breakfast food for every meal – it’s my favorite and so versatile.
- I really wish I was tidy, but I’m just a big packrat. I keep way too many things.
- It’s almost 11pm and way past my bedtime. I usually go to bed between 10 and 10:30pm. I’m lame and I love it.
Happy Birthday to me! Did you learn anything new about me or find something we have in common? Let me know below!!