Now that we’re over a week into the year, I thought it was time I shared the small changes I’m planning to make this year. I alluded to them in this post, and I’m hoping these little changes will make a big difference in our year. I’m a big believer that a lot of little changes add up to big ones, and I’m hoping these are like that. So what am I planning on this year?
- Keep working on my weight. I know for some people, this could be a big change rather than a little one. For me, it’s mostly a continuation of what I’ve been doing, with a bit more food tracking (I’ve been horrible lately) and exercise added in. Nothing too crazy, but enough to get the weight loss going in the right direction again.
- Be prepared. Since both Chris and I work, this is doubly important, especially during the work week. I always make lunches and usually get breakfasts set up the night before a work day, but I need to be better about it. I’ve also noticed that I’m taking way too long in the morning to decide what to wear, and it helps a lot when I decide the night before and set it out for myself. I’d also like to work out some sort of cleaning schedule, so everything just runs a bit smoother. Work in progress, right?
- Read more. I have always loved reading, yet I didn’t hit my reading goal of 31 books last year – I only got to 28. There’s something about a good book that sucks you in, and I really want to get back to that.
- Have date nights. I can count on one hand the number of date nights Chris and I have had since Abbie was born. It’s just too hard sometimes. Right now, our only babysitters are family, and since everyone works, that makes it difficult. Chris’ parents are coming home this month for good from their overseas life (in fact, they already left Rome), and we’re hoping that will open up some time for us to have to ourselves again this year.
- Be present. All too often, my phone is in my hand while I’m spending time with Abbie. I’m never doing anything important – checking email, social media, etc – but Abbie deserves more than that. She deserves my attention – after all, she’s only little once.
What changes are you planning for this year?