Before you have kids, Daylight Savings Time isn’t something you think about too much…just a simple move of the clocks. Other than a day of adjustment, it doesn’t effect your life too much.
- Adjust nap times in response to the impending time change.
- Tire your child out a little more than usual. Try new things, go to new places, and get plenty of fresh air.
- Start the time change on Saturday rather than Sunday. This gives families (especially working parents) an extra day to adjust.
- Once the time change takes effect, be consistent about bedtime and your routine. If your child is exhausted, it’s ok to adjust the time be 15 minutes or so and continue to adjust from there on subsequent nights.
- Remember every child is different and will adapt differently!