When the holiday season comes around, so do all my favorite flavor combinations. I love them all, but chocolate and peppermint has always been my favorite. Add in some pretzels, and it’s the perfect sweet and salty holiday snack.
I love to make treats to give away to family and friends, so I whipped up these Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Sticks as a fun snack to gift. They’re super easy to make, so they’re great for kids to help with too. Just be careful not to eat them all – you’ll want to!
- Large bag Pretzel Rods (the thick ones - I bought a big container from BJ's)
- 8 oz Semi-Sweet baking chocolate (I used Ghiradelli)
- 1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes (I like to use the mini ones because they crush easier)
- Set out a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface. This will be going into the fridge to help the sticks set.
- In a microwave safe container, melt the chocolate, putting it into the microwave at 30 second intervals. Stir between intervals until fully melted - just be sure not to scorch the chocolate but doing it too much!
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the peppermint extract and stir well.
- Dip the pretzel rods halfway into the chocolate one at a time. Place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint on the dipped pretzel rods. Repeat for as many as you want to make.
- Put the pretzels in the fridge to set, 20 minutes or until firm.
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container - once they are set, they can be stored at room temperature.
- If you can , use a narrow, tall container to melt the chocolate since it makes dipping easier. I used a liquid measuring cup.
Enjoy – and I dare you not to eat them all – they’re addicting!
I am a sucker for peppermint and chocolate!! I love salty things too–these would be perfect for my kids to help make as well. Thanks for sharing!!
What is it about pretzels and chocolate that is just amazing? Those look so delicious!!