One of the first things Chris and I have discussed about the baby is actually a debate – should we or should be not find out the gender of Baby Beer?
Some of you may think we’re crazy – why wouldn’t we find out the gender?
We’ve actually gone through a debate on this, and now that we’ve finally settled on a decision…here’s what we debated and how we made up our minds!
Reasons to find out BB’s gender:
- We’re nosy and excited.
- It will make decorating a LOT easier.
- Everyone is going to be asking if it’s a boy or a girl.
- Buying cute clothes and things ahead of time is fun, and knowing the gender makes it so much easier.
Reasons NOT to find out BB’s gender:
- Surprises are fun!
- I’m superstitious and don’t want to attach a name to BB until he or she has made an appearance.
- I really want one particular gender and don’t want to go through disappointment during my pregnancy if it’s the opposite. If we find out when BB is born we’ll just be so excited to see our little one that it won’t matter.
- My parents didn’t find out with me, and Chris’ parents didn’t find out with him. It’d be kind of cool to carry on that tradition.
So what did we decide? I’ll give you a few days to guess (and Laura, no telling since you already know!). What are your thoughts on finding out the gender of your children? Did you find out or are you planning to when you get to that point?
I’ll announce our decision soon enough!