I love New Year’s – it feels like a fresh start, a catalyst for change and bettering yourself. Rather than resolutions, I like to set goals of things I’d like to accomplish. They’re different each year, but there’s a few big ones this year.
- Being on time for things. I seriously struggle with this, and always have. It drives Chris crazy. I’ve tried to do better with it before and it’s lasted a few weeks, but this year I’m hoping it sticks. I’m sure it’s frustrating to be on the other end and be waiting on someone, and I really want to try not to do that to anyone else!
- Hit my Weight Watchers activity goal every day. I really want to make an effort to be more active, and this’ll help!
- Reach my goal weight. After Abbie was born, I gave myself 18 months to get to goal weight…needless to say I won’t be there by June. I’m giving myself until the end of 2014, but I’m really hoping to be there by my 31st birthday at the end of October.
- Become homeowners! We’re hoping to find the perfect house for our family this year. there’s a lot of things still up in the air (timing, location, etc), but if all goes as planned, it’ll happen in 2014!
- Be the best mom I can be. I think the baby stage was the easy part…Abbie is getting more challenging, but also more fun, every day. I’m hoping we learn more and more what works for us and what doesn’t. I hope she’s happy and healthy. I hope she keeps the sweet, funny personality she’s developing…and that she stops thinking it’s funny to hit me in the face.