Happy Wednesday – we’re halfway through the week! I thought I’d share a few things I’m loving lately!
- My Fitbit. Seriously, this has been a game changer for me. I LOVE when all the lights are on at the end of the day because I’ve hit my goal…to the point I’m a bit obsessive about it. For example, I saw Divergent with my friends Heather and Erin over the weekend, and when I got to my car (at 11:30pm), I had 8,100 steps. It would take about half an hour to get home, meaning I wouldn’t get my steps unless I did something about it then and there…so I walked. I walked back and forth in the parking garage until I hit 10,000 steps, then got in my car and drove home. #crazylady I’ve hit my goal of 10,000 steps every day this month, and I wasn’t about to break it! I’m planning on keeping it going to the end of the month, then upping my goal by 500 steps for April. Every bit helps!
- Going to the gym on my lunch break. The building my office is in has a free gym downstairs, and I never really thought much about using it before. After all, who wants to have a gross, sweaty workout, then go back to work? Not me. Then I realized…I could walk. Walking on the treadmill doesn’t get me gross and sweaty, but it does get me active during my lunch break. I’ve been going for about a week now, and I feel so much better about myself when I go. Again, small steps.
- Little ponytails. I’ve now taken to putting Abbie’s hair up every morning to keep it out of her face, and this little ponytail is too adorable. So glad it’s finally growing out! My mom keeps urging me to cut her hair, but I had horrific bangs as a child and I refuse to do that to Abbie. (Seriously, I’ll find the pictures to prove it. Sorry Mom, it was bad!)
- Solid Shampoo and Conditioner. I know, it sounds really weird. I’d been curious about it for a while, so about a month ago I headed over to Lush Cosmetics in Tysons Corner mall to pick it up so I could try it out. I’ve tried other products from them before (their Ocean Salt scrub is AMAZING), and this stuff is amazing too. I’m addicted. It took a little bit of adjustment (I think because there were still chemicals in my hair from my old stuff), but my hair now feels better and healthier. All their stuff is made with natural ingredients like coconut oil and sea salt, and it smells great. (They don’t know I’m writing this, I just seriously am in love with this stuff.)
- Pico de gallo and guacamole. My sister requested that I make some when she was here this week…and I don’t know why I don’t just keep this stuff around all the time. I made an omelette this morning with pico and monterey jack cheese and avocado on the side…and it was heavenly. I didn’t even take a photo since I ate it too fast!
Anything you guys love lately?