Happy Wednesday – we’re halfway through the week! I thought I’d share a few things I’m loving lately!
- My Fitbit. Seriously, this has been a game changer for me. I LOVE when all the lights are on at the end of the day because I’ve hit my goal…to the point I’m a bit obsessive about it. For example, I saw Divergent with my friends Heather and Erin over the weekend, and when I got to my car (at 11:30pm), I had 8,100 steps. It would take about half an hour to get home, meaning I wouldn’t get my steps unless I did something about it then and there…so I walked. I walked back and forth in the parking garage until I hit 10,000 steps, then got in my car and drove home. #crazylady I’ve hit my goal of 10,000 steps every day this month, and I wasn’t about to break it! I’m planning on keeping it going to the end of the month, then upping my goal by 500 steps for April. Every bit helps!
- Going to the gym on my lunch break. The building my office is in has a free gym downstairs, and I never really thought much about using it before. After all, who wants to have a gross, sweaty workout, then go back to work? Not me. Then I realized…I could walk. Walking on the treadmill doesn’t get me gross and sweaty, but it does get me active during my lunch break. I’ve been going for about a week now, and I feel so much better about myself when I go. Again, small steps.
- Little ponytails. I’ve now taken to putting Abbie’s hair up every morning to keep it out of her face, and this little ponytail is too adorable. So glad it’s finally growing out! My mom keeps urging me to cut her hair, but I had horrific bangs as a child and I refuse to do that to Abbie. (Seriously, I’ll find the pictures to prove it. Sorry Mom, it was bad!)
- Solid Shampoo and Conditioner. I know, it sounds really weird. I’d been curious about it for a while, so about a month ago I headed over to Lush Cosmetics in Tysons Corner mall to pick it up so I could try it out. I’ve tried other products from them before (their Ocean Salt scrub is AMAZING), and this stuff is amazing too. I’m addicted. It took a little bit of adjustment (I think because there were still chemicals in my hair from my old stuff), but my hair now feels better and healthier. All their stuff is made with natural ingredients like coconut oil and sea salt, and it smells great. (They don’t know I’m writing this, I just seriously am in love with this stuff.)
- Pico de gallo and guacamole. My sister requested that I make some when she was here this week…and I don’t know why I don’t just keep this stuff around all the time. I made an omelette this morning with pico and monterey jack cheese and avocado on the side…and it was heavenly. I didn’t even take a photo since I ate it too fast!
Anything you guys love lately?
My mom just got a fitbit and is obsessed with it too! I might need to purchase one of those! Awesome job on hitting your goal everyday!
Thank you! Let me know if you get one, I’d love to be your fitbit friend!
totally love that little pony tail! And seriously way to go on always hitting your fitbit steps! I love to track my steps and it does get me more active but I’m not consistent enough about hitting my goals. Hmmmm. maybe something to try for April!
Thanks – and yes, maybe set something reasonable as an April goal and move up from there – you can totally do it!
You have a gym at your work???? Oh, that makes me want to not be a SAHM even more! Although, I just joined a gym yesterday and they have free child care (whoohoo), so I’m planning on going more often now!
We do, and it’s free! It’s nothing fancy, but it’s better than sitting in my chair all day. They do optional classes you can pay for, so I may do that at some point. Yay for you joining a gym!
I love the little ponytail! Bridget had terribly fine, very short hair for a very long time. Everyone finally convinced me to get her hair cut to help it grow out. I did, but nothing dramatic. Her hair is super long now (like, waist-length), but still needs to thicken up. She has actually requested to cut it and donate to Locks of Love (this a few weeks after a conversation about the organization and letting her know that I had donated….and in her words “I think it’s time to cut my hair….and can I give it to the people who make wigs for sick kids?”) I imagine we will be cutting it after her dance recital in June…I’m nervous, but maybe it will help it thicken up! 🙂
That’s so sweet that she wants to donate it! She’s too adorable.
Also, I miss you.
I am still adjusting kt my FitBit and have yet to work out with it! Must find time!
Once you will, you will get addicted. Trust me. Also, if you click on my link above, it goes to my profile and we can be fitbit friends!
Funny enough, I blogged about my fitbit too today! I just bought mine – but so far I love it! I feel a lot more accountable to my decisions and actions, and I love how it links calories earned with calories burned. Glad to see someone else uses it too!
I love it! If you click the link in my post, it’ll go to my profile so you can friend me 🙂
I LOVE my fitbit too!! I wear it all the time.
I really want a fitbit! I love stuff like that and I need that motivation. You are doing amazing! And seriously.. that little ponytail?! It is beyond words!
Thanks so much!
I seriously think I need a fitbit in my life. HAHA!