There’s a restaurant in our town that Chris and I go to often for breakfast that we love. I think we all have those places we love and go to again and again. Chris and I always order the same thing, and he always gets home fries (I prefer hash browns). He mentioned one day that we should try making them at home, so a few weeks ago I did just that. I used this recipe as inspiration but adjusted the amounts and seasonings. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Oven Home Fries
- 2 pounds potatoes, any type, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used baby reds)
- 1-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Additional seasonings of your choice, to taste - I used an all-purpose and a sweet onion, but pick whatever you like!
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Add chopped potatoes and veggies to a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add seasonings and toss to coat again.
- Spread on a sheet pan and put in the oven - I actually used non-stick foil on the pan and that made it even easier! You don't want to much of it touching each other, so spread to two pans if you need to.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown, flipping halfway through. Enjoy!