Monday Tuesday! I’m a day behind, but I hope you all had a festive weekend gearing up for the holidays to arrive. I wanted to pop in today and do a fun little “get-to-know-me” post – my girl Stephanie over at Wife Mommy Me nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award back before Thanksgiving and I thought I’d share mine today. Through getting to know each other and silly awards like these, I’ve really loved the community of bloggers I’m part of. Thanks for nominating me, Steph!
The rules of accepting this award are simple — a) thank the person who nominated you b) link back to their blog c) share 7 facts about yourself and d) nominate up to 15 other bloggers.
- I used to hate coffee. (I KNOW!). In fact, the only reason I do now is because I got the wrong drink at Starbucks once and got a salted caramel mocha instead of a salted caramel hot chocolate. I don’t know if I ordered wrong or if they mixed it up, but that little mistake paved the way for my love of coffee. Pretty thankful for that mistake.
- Nothing drives me crazier in traffic than the people who wait all the way to the end to get in the lane they need. Seriously? I waited in line for 10 minutes and you expect me to let you in? Nope, not happening. Also, driving in the DC area just makes you crazy.
- I can pretty much only have one drink per night or I just get too tired. I just can’t hang like I used to. You know how some people could drink a whole bottle of wine? Nope, not me. One glass and I’m done for the night. At least it’s less calories this way?
- I’m Jewish, but I LOVE Christmas trees and Hallmark ornaments. I just think it’s so fun and festive, and the sight of the tree makes me happy – especially when it’s the backdrop for my menorah.
- I can’t stand turtleneck sweaters. I HATE having things close to my neck like that… and my sisters? They don’t like things near their neck either. In fact, they don’t even like anyone touching their necks. Weird family traits? We’ve got them.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina, despite never taking a single dance class. Abbie LOVES to dance so I’m hoping she’s interested and I can get her involved in dance since I never got the chance.
- I love grocery shopping. I don’t know what it is about it – but I find it so fun to get that time to look at everything in the store and discover new things. Maybe because we have a Wegmans and they’re awesome? I literally drive 20 minutes and past about 5 other stores just to go to Wegmans. They’re that awesome.