Happy Wednesday! I hope you are all having a great week! It’s been raining here for the past week and a half and I am so over it. Where did the sunshine go? Anyway, I’m in a confessional sort of mood, so I’m just going with it – working mom style. There are a lot of things that are hard about motherhood in general, and others that are pretty great, so here’s a little working mom perspective on things.
- Out daycare provider had both breakthroughs with potty training and I’m totally okay with that. She’s trained three kids of her own plus lots of kids she’s watched, so I totally let her take the lead on it, and I’m glad I did. Way less stress for us.
- Sometimes the weekend goes too fast and I want to be able to stay home…then Abbie has a meltdown and I remember why I work. I love her, but I also love working.
- If I didn’t work, I have no idea how I’d get to my step goal every day. I feel like I get up and move around a lot at the office but not on my days off. Weird?
- I keep my favorite snacks at work so my husband and Abbie can’t steal them (sorry Chris).
- I really love how my coffee is always hot during the workweek. Especially since I can only have one cup of it now.
- I also love going to the bathroom alone. Never gets old.
- Talking to other moms at work about their kids is amazing. I learn so much from these women on a daily basis, whether they have older kids, younger kids, boys or girls. They’re also balancing this working parent thing and it’s nice to have people around who know what you’re going through.
- Sometimes I’m a mom to people at work. Hey, some of them need it.
- I really hate commuting. I’m so impressed how well Abbie handles the ride every day. She’s such a trooper (the ride from home to daycare is about bout 45 minutes, then Chris and I go another 20 minutes to our offices).
- I often think about having Abbie in a daycare closer to home, but I adore our daycare provider (see the first bullet) and then she’d just be farther from our offices, which would be awful if she got sick at daycare. I guess it doesn’t matter, huh? We will have to put her in before and after school care once she enters kindergarten, and I’m dreading that as it is.
- I’m nervous about how this new little girl will handle the commute after I return from maternity leave. I’m hoping she’s a champ like her big sister and will just get used to it.
- I keep thinking how much more relaxed this maternity leave is going to be. Now, it’ll be hard, but I have a rough idea what to do. Plus, Abbie is still going to go to daycare while I’m out. We have to pay anyway to keep her spot, so she’s going – it’s better to keep her in her routine. I’m looking forward to having that alone time with our newest little one.
- I am NOT looking forward to pumping when I go back to work this time, but I’m going to do my best. I refuse to stress myself out about it like last time. Abbie was completely on formula by 6 months, and she’s fine. As long as this baby gets fed, everything will be okay.
- One of the reasons I like working is I like having a reason to get up and make myself presentable in the morning, although clothes are getting more difficult by the day with this bump I’m sporting. I’m still in that weird is she/isn’t she phase where sometimes it just looks like I ate too many donuts.
- My job is not my dream job, but I’m okay with that. I’m pretty happy here regardless.
- The pictures of Abbie on my desk are a year and a half old. I really should get on switching those out.
Moms, what are your confessions?