Today officially marks my last month in my 20s – I’ll be 30 on October 22. I don’t quite know how I feel about it. My 20s (especially my late 20s) have been pretty good to me, and have been a period of change. I turned 20 as a sophomore in college, and I’ll turn 30 as a wife and mom. It’s pretty incredible how much your life can change in just 10 years.
That being said, I do love my birthday – spending it with my family and being told “Happy Birthday.” Then of course, people ask what I want for my birthday…and it’s hard to come up with things! I did manage to come up with a few things I’ve had my eye on..
- A new camera lens. I’m really trying to take better pictures, and am still using the kit lens that came with my Nikon. I’d like a 50mm lens – something like the one below.
- I’d also LOVE a camera bag to keep it all together – I love this one!
- New espresso glasses. One of mine cracked a while ago and I haven’t replaced them yet.
- A new travel mug for my morning coffee. I just have one, and it would be nice to have two. I do want a 20 ounce one though, and they’re harder to find.
- Ree Drummond’s new cookbook, which comes out about a week after my birthday…and I’m pretty sure my mom’s buying since she yelled at me not to buy it!
- A cake decorating turntable. It would make things so much easier when I frost cakes!
- This is a weird request, but I really need a new laptop battery…mine now only lasts about 2 hours when not on the charger.
- And of course I’d love tickets for all three of us to a Hokie football game…but I have a feeling we won’t be taking Abbie to Blacksburg until next year.
And of course, celebrating with my family – including my first birthday of many with my little girl.