Good morning, June 30th! How did you get here so fast?
Is it just me, or did this month speed by? It’s crazy that one month of summer is already gone, and we’re inching closer and closer to the end of the year. Sometimes I think time actually does speed up when you have kids…it’s just impossible for it not to. Anyway, we had an easygoing weekend around here for the first time in a long time. It was nice to not have to do anything or go anywhere for once. I’m in kind of a random mood this morning, so here’s what’s going on in my mind today:
- I got a haircut on Saturday and went in having zero idea what I wanted. I went to a new stylist after reading some reviews on yelp, and I’m really happy with the results. I still look like me, but my hair actually has some shape to it for once. I haven’t had a good experience like that in a long time, and I’ll definitely be back to see her.
- I got a pedicure yesterday, and of course I dinged my big toe a little. It’s one of those things that no one else will notice…but I will. Annoying.
- We have ZERO plans for 4th of July, and I’m pretty excited about that. Plus I only have a 2.5 day work week this week!
- I’m really looking forward to my long weekend. I don’t generally take PTO, so it’s like a free staycation for me! I’m hoping to get a good amount of writing in – I have lots of blog posts floating around in my head, in my drafts, in my google drive…that all need to be worked on. Good stuff coming!
- I am really hoping the fireworks don’t keep Abbie awake on Friday night…people in our neighborhood like to set them off and last year it was a nightmare trying to keep her asleep. Maybe I’ll turn up the white noise machine?
- I did a post on being a working mom over on Jessica’s blog…if you didn’t see it, you should check that out here.
- Remember this post about getting Abbie off of bottles? Yeah… I got frustrated and stopped trying. We saw the pediatrician for Abbie’s 18 month checkup on Friday, and she said the bottles have to go…cold turkey. I’m planning on doing it this weekend on my days off, but since she currently won’t drink milk out of anything but a bottle, I’m nervous. I’m going to have to buy like 10 different cups to see if she’ll use any of them. I hate forcing Abbie into things, but this weekend is really the only time I’ll be home with her for a longer period of time, so I feel like it has to be now. I can’t make daycare do it for me – it’s just not fair. Any cup recommendations? The pedi said straws are better than sippys, and I’m looking to order a bunch from Amazon prime today so they get here in time.
How was your weekend? Do you have any cup recommendations for me?