Sometimes I wish that we could all just sit down and have coffee together (or tea, or water, or whatever you drink). I know, it’s such a blogger type of thing to say, but it’s totally true. So what would I tell you if we had coffee together?
I often forget about instagram. Just plain old forget, or just not want to do all the work. A lot of people say its their favorite, but i can’t be bothered to write huge long captions on my phone. And take so many pictures…how do people have so many interesting things to take pictures? If I posted more, it would probably be entirely pictures of Abbie, or the cats, or me at work. Boring!
I got to have breakfast with Courtney on Sunday, and she’s just as sweet in person as she is on her blog. So sad that she lives so far away! (Also, I hate how I always get squinty eyes in pictures.)
I slept more this weekend than I have on a weekend in months…and my body needed it. Thank goodness Chris just told me to go to bed and not worry about things. Love that guy.
I haven’t hung a single thing on the wall in our new house. Not one.
While I’m jealous that Chris gets to stay home with Abbie today because daycare is closed, I did enjoy having ZERO traffic this morning. The unexpected perks of a government holiday around here.
There are so many things to watch on my DVR right now. I have a love/hate relationship with fall TV – so much to watch, so little time!
My birthday is in 9 days, and honestly I forget about it most days. People have asked if I’m doing anything special, and I haven’t even thought about it. It’ll probably just be a normal day around here.
One of my favorite things about living super close to a Costco is the gas prices. I paid only $2.88/gallon on Saturday and it was glorious.
I had to go buy Abbie more leggings yesterday. I thought she had enough, but she drinks so much water she keeps going through her pants at daycare. I’m playing around with the fit of her diapers, but I think she just needs to be changed a little more often. There’s a new baby at daycare, so I think sometimes our provider gets caught up with him. Hence the need for more pants.
College football was much more enjoyable this week since I didn’t have to worry about us. Thank you, bye week.
I have all kinds of posts in my head, but haven’t had the time to get them out. I wanted to try to prewrite some this weekend, but sleeping won out. Sometimes it has to.
Yesterday, I had to yell at Abbie for rubbing her hand on the floormat, then licking it. Toddlers are gross.
In the past two weeks, I hadn’t really tracked my food at all…just kind of logged in to MFP and Weight Watchers with good intentions but no follow-through. I’m hoping to change that this week, and that I’ve caught up on sleep enough that it’ll help change my outlook, mood, and motivation.
The DC Ladies are hosting Blogtober, and I haven’t really been able to link up much. I like to be prepared for link ups, and I wish we had the prompts ahead of time (to be fair, they might be posted somewhere and I just didn’t see them). Today’s is “5 Blogging Tips You’d Like to Share.” It might not be in-depth, but here’s a few:
- Invest in a design you love. It might be custom, it might be a template, it might be one you made… it doesn’t matter. Just make sure it’s clean, easy to read, and something you love.
- Make all your social profiles match. It’s so much easier for people to find you, and for you to remember. All my social profiles are “beingmrsbeer,” and if I were to ever re-brand, that would be the first thing I’d check for. I like everything to match.
- Find a community. It may be a network, a group like the DC Ladies, your real life friends… just find a community to connect with. It’ll both help you grow and make blogging more enjoyable for you.
- For those on blogger, turn off captcha! It’s annoying and it makes people not want to comment. I have two or three blogs I love that I’ll go through it for, but most I won’t. Turn it off! If you want security, I found disqus to be great for blogger.
- Be yourself. People are tired of perfect. You had a bad day? Tell us the story – it may make us commiserate, and guess what – that builds community. Pinterest project didn’t turn out? Show us – we’ll laugh with you. Got an awesome promotion – tell us! We want to celebrate with you. Just be yourself and feel pressure to make EVERYTHING perfect.
Anything random you’d tell me if we had coffee?