So, this recipe is delicious, and not necessarily healthy. I mean, I suppose it’s healthy if you can exercise portion control, but… they’re hard to resist. My mom has been making these delicious garlic knots for ages, and I got the recipe from her, but she has told me that originally, it came from Taste of Home magazine. These are amazing with everything, and so easy. Enjoy!
- 1 tube of ready to bake biscuits (I usually buy generic) – make sure they’re NOT the ones with layers
- 2-3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted (I use butter, Mom uses margarine. Both are delicous, so whatever you have is fine)
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Dried parsley, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open the tube of biscuits and cut them all in half.
- Roll each half and quickly tie each into a knot. (I debated making a video on this, but it just takes practice more than anything. Chris can’t ever seem to do it.)
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a pastry or silicone brush, brush some melted butter on each knot.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and parsley to your liking. We love garlic in our house, so we use quite a bit, but you can adjust for your family. You could also switch up the seasoning if you so choose – Onion powder, rosemary, thyme, oregano – they would all work!
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven. You want to remove them when they’re lightly browned on top.
- Brush each knot with more melted butter.
See? Super easy. And addictive. Bet you can’t eat just one! I’ve also made them with the bigger biscuits, and they turned out too – just a lot bigger, so they required more cooking time. Now I’m wondering if a cinnamon sugar one would be good…
These look so tasty! I love garlic everything.