Pardon me if I’m a little scatterbrained today.
- My best friend Nichole was induced last night for preeclampsia at just shy of 37 weeks, and her little girl was born this morning! I’m itching to go meet her. She sent me a picture, but I want to let her share her with the world before I do. Yay for more babies to snuggle! I know she’s going to be a great mom, and I’m just so glad she and her baby girl are ok. Preeclampsia is a scary thing and nothing to mess around with. I know that from experience…and it’s strange how Nichole and I both developed it, despite the fact that we’re drastically different body types. Just goes to show that anything can happen in pregnancy.
- Now that summer is pretty much here, I’m really wanting some skirts to wear to work rather than my normal uniform of dress pants…now’s the time to play around a little bit, right? Plus, I can wear them at home too, and transition them into fall when that arrives…so, long story short, I think I need some skirts. Maybe this fun pineapple tank too, and the polka dots. Too many cute things…of course from Old Navy. So many of my clothes come from there.
- I’m featured over at Karli’s blog today, answering some fun questions she posed and giving away a large ad space. Make sure you pop over!
- Abbie is definitely in the terrible twos…they don’t lie about it starting in the second year of life rather than at 2. Full on meltdown last night. Toddlerhood is no joke. Thankfully, she woke up in a good mood today.
- I found out just a few minutes ago that Maya Angelou passed away. The literary world has lost a great voice.
That’s all I’ve got for you today…hope you’re having a great week! I’m so glad it’s Wednesday already!
Yay for cute summer fashions! Boooooo to the terrible 2’s! My little one is getting ready to turn 3 in July and everyone always told me that the 3’s are much, much worse. As of late, I’m starting to think they’re right. Oh well…at least there’s wine, right? Have a great week.
Oh gosh. 3 is worse??? Any advice for surviving these terrible twos???
And yes to all the wine. Except I typed whine at first. Obviously I’m thinking of all the whining I heard last night…
So sad about Maya Angelou- she was an amazing person. Totally agree about summer skirts- I like dresses too, I prefer looser clothing in the summer. Good luck with Abby, I’m very nervous about the toddler/tantrum stage!
It really is – I’m definitely going to be reading a few more of her books this summer. I always meant to and just never got to it, but I want to now. And you’re right, dresses and skirts feel so much better in the summer!
I can’t even think about the terrible twos; sometimes she’s such a….brat that I can’t imagine it being worse!
Haha..hesitation on the word brat there? Me too sister, me too.
I love those tops. I usually don’t shop at old navy, but maybe I should stop in!
It is so very sad about Maya Angelou. At least her words will last forever.
I always find cute things at Old Navy for great prices, and they do TONS of coupons online. Worth a look!
Another legacy!!! Whoot.
Yep. She’s really adorable.
Loved your post on Karli’s blog!!! Great feature post! Those skirts from Old Navy almost make me want to wear a skirt… you know instead of yoga pants 🙂 Tantrums – ugh Yeah the terrible twos start way before two! I don’t know when they end (although we’re on a good little stretch) but these kids melt down about everything and nothing at the same time!
Thanks! She always asks such fun questions. And you so should wear skirts… I know yoga pants are comfy…but you need some skirts, for sure. And oh man, these little girls of ours! Abbie is SO strong willed!
Stopping by from September Farm and I might just be a new follower! Happy Thursday!
Happy to have you and happy Thursday to you as well! Hope you stick around 🙂